Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual. We and our service providers may collect Personal Information from you, including:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number (including mobile phone number)
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number
How We Use Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be used:
- To operate the Site and provide related services, such as, for example, completing and fulfilling your purchases, processing your payments, delivering your orders to you, communicating with you regarding your purchases, providing you with related customer service and initiating refunds.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as, for example, responding to your product information requests and registering your products.
- To facilitate on-line product visualization applications and preferred products catalogs.
- To send to you administrative information, for example, information regarding the Site and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send to you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize and optimize your experience on the Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you and to help ensure that the Site is of interest to you.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, incentive programs and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read such additional rules carefully.
- To allow you to send an electronic postcard or otherwise share a message to a friend through the Site, as well as to allow you to provide us with contact information of your friends who are interested in hearing from us. By using these functionalities, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friends' contact information.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, product improvements and innovations, understanding consumer preferences, enhancing the Site, improving our services (such as such as customer service and product support), identifying usage trends, analyzing and managing our businesses and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
How Personal Information Is Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting (including dealer locater sites), data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services, ethics hotline administration, human resource functions administration, advertising provision, contests or incentive program administration and other similar services to enable them to provide services.
- To other unaffiliated third parties to permit such third parties to send marketing materials to you. If you wish to opt-out from our sharing of your Personal Information with dealers, retailers and other unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes, please see the “Choices” section below for information on how to opt-out.
- To third parties sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, incentive programs and similar promotions in which you participate through the Site.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send an electronic postcard or other message through the Site.
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Site.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Other Information We Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
- Browser information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
How We Collect Other Information
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that our Site functions properly.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and email recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates. Some uses of cookies and pixel tags in connection with the Site may be under the control of unaffiliated third-party entities that we retain to manage certain programs and fulfill specific visitor requests. We cannot be responsible for third-party uses of cookies and pixel tags.
- IP Address: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
- From you: Information such as your postal or zip code, as well as other information, such as your date of birth and gender, is collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site, (for example, we may aggregated Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
How We Use and Disclose Other Information
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then, in addition to the uses listed in the “How We Collect Other Information” section above, we may use and disclose Other Information for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Third Party Sites
In some cases, we may provide hosting services for websites operated by third parties (such as contractors who sell our products). We consider such sites to be third-party sites, and the Personal Information that you provide through such sites is collected by the applicable third party, and not by us. We are neither responsible nor liable for any such third party's collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information. By hosting these third-party sites, we are not endorsing any such sites or third parties, or making any representations about their privacy practices. Please review the privacy policies of such third parties for more information about their privacy practices.
Third Party Advertisers
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Site and other websites, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Site and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags). If you would like more information about this practice and to learn about your choices in connection with these practices, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and http://www.aboutads.info/.
We seek to use within our organization reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Please note that we are not responsible for the data security measures of our distributors, retailers, or any other third parties.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
If you do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, or if you would prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with our affiliates or with other third parties for such affiliates' or other third parties' marketing purposes, you may opt-out of receiving such marketing-related emails or from such sharing by contacting Masco Bath Corporation Customer Care at 1‑800‑355‑2721 if you purchased your product at a Retail location or 1‑800‑632‑0911 if you purchased your product from a Wholesale or Plumbing Supply Facility. You may also send an email to CustomerCare@AquaGlass.com. Alternatively, you may click the “Unsubscribe” link present at the bottom of all Masco Bath email messages.
Please clearly specify in your request what you are opting out from.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of our affiliates or other third parties with which we have already shared your Personal Information (i.e., to which we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
Use of Site by Minors
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site.
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States, and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using our Site you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health or criminal background) on or through the Site or otherwise to us.